Saturday, February 26, 2011

First Family Geocache


I have been wanting to do a trail walk for weeks now as a family. Due to chores, sinus issues and other things we have not made it until today. I told Josh why don't we try out the Geo Cache application on my phone. I wanted to test it out with him before the kids and I ventured off on one by ourselves. And so we did! February 26th and almost 70 degrees outside it was gorgeous! We made a stop by our favorite ice cream shop and then headed to the trails at the lake.

Above is Geo Cache #1 Brenden found.
If you aren't sure what these are they are treasure hunts for which you use a GPS on your phone to locate. The treasures usually aren't worth much Ha well in an adults eyes anyway. You take a treasure and leave a treasure. There are even logs inside for you to sign your name and date, or anything else you would like to add. Brenden got a firefighters knife out of this one. We told him he wasn't quite ready for that yet, so Josh is going to hold on to it for a bit. In return we left a pencil and a hot wheels car.

We had told Joshua that he could pick a treasure out of our next find. You can see how he felt about that clearly.

We are all looking in what seems to me to be an impossible area. You never know where a cache is hidden or what is it hidden in(container). As we all searched I prayed Father this little boy has his heart set on finding this treasure, I know it is such a small thing but to him this is major. If it is your will please help us to find it. Immediately I looked down and there in between three small trees piled with sticks and leaves with only about an inch showing was a green ammo box.! I never would have found it nor would any of the others with out Gods help! He loves us so much that he answered even a small prayer to make a little boy happy! It was a great lesson to teach the kids, Brenden said how did you know you would find it, how do you know God heard you? I told him that was what faith was all about and he then said believing even when you don't see it with your eyes. Exactly! I replied.

Sp happy and proud!

Joshua with his treasure Arthur from the sword and the stone. Tayler picked a pink flamingo. We plan to set our own up soon. Josh brought home some small metal electrical boxes with lids for us to use. Our goal is to try and do at least one per month, though I will more than likely fit in a few more with the nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment