Sunday, June 26, 2011

Spring/Summer Nature 2011

My lilies I planted last year.


Camo Moth in Taylers Room
Ground Beetle at the duck house.
Skink getting a lunch buffet one afternoon while were fishing.
I love how the grass looks like ribbon around the flowers.
New growth on a oak tree.
Sunset at our pond.
A neat shot of a dirt dauber, I never noticed the yellow bands were this vivid until Josh took this shot.(click the picture for a closer view)
This hummingbird the one below were fighting over the feeder chasing each other off.
Taken in our pond. I love Joshs' perspective, he has a great eye for some interesting shots!
This hummingbird or one like it comes back every year. I am always so excited to see it. Hard to tell but it has a red head, and they don't appear to be very common in our area. While I was taking pictures it was none to happy about being filmed and dived at my head, I actually had to duck!
Our Crape Myrtle
Last Spring before plants were blooming we purchased these supposedly Tuscarora(Water Melon Red) Crape Myrtles. You can imagine my surprise when they bloomed! I don't know about you but I have never eaten a watermelon this color. I have since decided to go with it and use the pinks and purples in our flower beds and plant pots.
Dragonfly By Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment