Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jake A.K.A. Sampson


Meet Jake from the moment I saw him he had my heart. I tried to talk myself out of it(a previous foster made us feel fosters were not a good idea!), as you can see he wasn't going to let that happen! He would cry and whine when I would pet and talk to the other dogs! He could not have made himself anymore noticeable. And when taken out of this awful pen he was beyond grateful! I cried when Josh agreed to let me bring him home until we could find the perfect home. One that would love, respect, and appreciate his potential!
Here he thanks Bren with love!
And a smile, for me!
Proud Boy and has every reason to be!
Heres' to looking at you babe!(with his wink)
He stole Taylers undies at least it was from the CLEAN laundry basket!
Giving Aroara Kisses! As you can see she isn't to sure. 
 After about a week of having Jake whom we named Sampson at our home, I noticed a post on Face Book that read "I believe this is my cousins dog Jake""Please contact him"! My heart sank, I wasn't completely convinced I wanted to find his home. Every day I was more and more amazed at his willingness to learn and please, enjoying each minute we spent together. He brought back so many memories of growing up with our beloved Zeus, German Shepard my mom rescued while I was growing up. Reluctantly I called the number and explained our situation. As the man and I talked and he described his missing dog I looked at "Sampson" and saw his Jake! I wanted to be extra positive and asked for pictures. Sure enough he had pictures of Jake in his living room. We agreed to meet that very night at our house(Josh was in town). As soon as T walked in the door Jake told us this was his owner, they were so happy to be reunited! I am proud we could help, and happy that we can check in from time to time to see how he is doing!









No comments:

Post a Comment