Monday, February 13, 2012

Isabelle


 Such a good sport! Isabelle was found behind the animal shelter the day of an adoption drive. I went behind the shelter and called here kitty, kitty and here she came. I came around the shelter with Josh and the kids still sitting in the truck and showed them, Josh immediately locked the doors. Ha! He already knew! Needless to say she did not get adopted and never had to enter the shelter, we brought her home and fostered her.
 Isabelle is a swirl tabby. A good friend told me that most swirl tabbys' will have a cross on their back.
 
 Fishing is hard work for a kitten!

 She sometimes found the oddest of places to sleep.
And then at times she slept like a normal girl with her best friend. Tayler and I had a deal that if she proved herself with her animal responsibilities she could keep Isabelle. Sadly Tayler did not follow through on her end. It was a sad lesson learned! Though I think I wanted to keep this girl more than anyone. Funny how you think you aren't attached and they worm their way into your heart! She would hide in the bedroom each night until I shut the door wait until I laid down with the lights off then start to play, grab my toes under the edge of the bed, jump on the dryer as I tried to do laundry, and hop on the shelf when I went into the pantry to decide what to cook for meals. I miss her to this day and am very grate full to my awesome friend M for keeping her until she finds her furever home. I know without a doubt that if we brought her back Tayler and I would not be able to part with her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment