Thursday, June 17, 2010

Birthday Celebrations


The top picture was taken of Tall Boy when we were visiting with Brenden's class in 2007. Then he was able to stick his whole head over and you could really interact. Now as you can see they have the whole thing caged up I was really disappointed, but I think the kids had fun anyway. This was the best picture we were able to get with Joshua and Tall Boy, by the way he is the tallest giraffe in captivity.

Poor guy reach through the boards to get food we were feeding him, thank goodness for a long tongue! I think it worked like sticky tape. The kids would just poor food on his tongue, to scared to let it touch them. He even cleaned the floor up when all the food was gone, which made me question why didn't he have splinters?

This is Patches, she was very shy though Brenden and I did get a chance to feed her when everyone else cleared out.

The only thing Brenden is missing is a funnel to feed this goat!

Not a great picture of mommy Ha Ha! It was a million degrees and we were all sweating to death! This goat cares not a bit that it is standing on the baby for food! They kinda act like my chickens, who will just about kill each other for food. ;)

James petting a small kangaroo, I got to feed and pet this one as well. It was sooo sweet eating out of my hand slow and soft.

Daddy trying to show Joshua how to show he is four on his fingers. He not only says he is older than he is, hes' trying to show it to. I don't know what it is with the youngest but they try to grow up to fast!


Surprise! Happy Birthday song and dessert!

His birthday dessert and reaction after they sang Happy Birthday to him.

Joshua and Mommy after eating their birthday dinner. Not a great picture of me again (after sweating all day, and we ran into a storm trying to go in getting soaked!)but I had to have a one of my little man and I!
Whew what a busy day this was! We started out at The Buffalo Park, next stop Toys R us to see Jeffrey the giraffe and let Joshua pick out some birthday presents, then the mall where Joshua pushed his new monster truck through(we got some ugly looks, and some awe so sweet good for you looks), Old Navy(ran into a clearance sale my favorite, and I had birthday money to spend), and last Kyoto Japanese steak house. This was a celebration on mine and Joshuas' birthday at once. I am sure you can tell the park and Toys R Us were for Joshua and the mall, and Old Navy were for me. Joshua has a fascination with giraffes and I have known for awhile I wanted to take him here. The steak house was for everyone and my Mothers Day as well, this was the kids first time and I knew they would have a ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment